commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] getChildren()
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:32:29 GMT
Edgar Poce wrote:

> thanks for the trick. I'll use it but I think
>
> FileObject[] getChildren(FileSelector selector) throws
>  FileSystemException
>
> should be added. In java.io.File you can find listFiles(FileFilter
> filter). I think VFS should have most of the java.io.File features
> plus the advantage of a single api for multiple providers.

Due to the nature of the FileSelector to handle the decision to traverse
the tree it isnt possible to create a getChildren without breaking the
meaning of the FileSelector interface - concret the
traverseDescendents() function.
But for sure - having a e.g. ChildrenSelector(FileObject parent,
FileType type) would be nice - i will look at it.

Ciao,
Mario