commons-user mailing list archives

From Allan Axon <>
Subject matching patterns with or without namespace
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:51:51 GMT
I'm trying to use the digester with a rules.xml file. The xml file I am
parsing looks like this:

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV ... >
    <Ob xmlns:obns=...>
        <ObPanel att1=...>

My patterns look like this "SOAP-ENV:Envelope/SOAP:Body/Oblix/ObProfile"
when digester.setNamesspaceAware(false). Is this the correct pattern?

Could I use the obns with digester.setNamespaceAware(true) and
digester.setRuleNamespaceURI(obnsURI) and use a pattern like:
Ob/Obprofile/ObPanel even though none to the elements in the body have
<obns:Element> forms. Does this mean the obns namespace is not being
used or that it applies to everything below the Ob node?

When I run my digester I'm trying to test it by running a public method
for the ObProfile object and I get a NullPointerException which I assume
means that my patterns are not matching correctly in the xml file.

Allan Axon

Allan Axon
Technical Services
Information Technology Services