commons-user mailing list archives

From paul womack <pwom...@papermule.co.uk>
Subject [collections] MultiHashIdentityMap ?
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:24:48 GMT
I *really* like the MultiMap concept; I have many
uses for it within my app.

However, I have quite a lot of well defined
"pools" of objects.

These are often used as keys to java.util.Maps; since
I *KNOW* I'm OK, I use java.util.IdentityMaps
for performance reasons.

I would very much like to have the same option with MultiHashMap.

MultiHashMap is already carefully designed to allow
the underlying "multi-ness" to be implmented by the
Collection of my choice, by over-riding createCollection();

However, MultiHashMap extends HashMap, which means my request
is no trivial to implement.

If (I suggest :-) it extended AbstractMapDecorator, the underlying
Map could be similarly versatile.

     BugBear