commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <>
Subject Re: [VFS] ranged downloads?
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 06:38:40 GMT
Jeffrey D. Brekke wrote:

> Very interesting.  Some ftp servers do not support the REST command,
> would it seek from the beginning in those cases?

No. I just "brew with wather" too ;-) The current solution requires a
REST-capable ftp server.

Hmmm ... but maybe such a "fall-back" could be implemented ...

I still have a problem: I am not able to abort a current transfer by
using the "ABOR" command - at least not with the ftp-server I currently use.
I always get a ftp-server message which states there is no current
transfer, but I currently read the file.
Have you tried such thing? For now I go the hard way and
disconnect/reconnect if one reposition the filepointer - but for sure,
this is less elegant.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message