commons-user mailing list archives

From ijorge <ijo...@ignos.com>
Subject [JXPATH] Prefix on jxpath sentence when read DOM
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:42:47 GMT
I´m a question about the behavior of jxpath when read DOM with a
sentence without prefix. If I have this sentence:

context.getValue("$root/example1[@name="aa"]/example2");

This sentence don´t works because "example2" doesn´t have a prefix. My
jxpath code is generated automatically and I don´t know the prefix when
this code is generated.

I see these solutions:
1) not to change anything because prefix are necessary.
2) jxpath searches a empty prefix in the registered namespaces.
3) jxpath searches the default namespace in the ancestors.
4) 3) and 2).

I have changed the class
java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/ri/axes/SimplePathInterpreter.java, the
method getNodeIterator() and this change (solution 2) resolve my
problem. I comment on this situation because I think current behavior
should be changed.