commons-user mailing list archives

From Devask <dev...@gmx.net>
Subject NET NNTP Problem with fetching some newsgroup articles
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:04:36 GMT
Hi!

I tried to implement a kind of newsgroup client witch commons net. It
works fine, but it also has some problems with special articles. An
example is the article with Message-ID
<de/comp-lang-java/faq/167@cscc.de> in the newsgroup de.comp.lang.java
(this is one of a weekly postet message). I try to save the recieved
body of the Message, in a File, but after some time an error occurs: 400
Idle timeout
When I open the file with MS Notepad there are some lines and then a
huge line with the rest of the text. When I open it with Editor, it is
displayed ok.
So I think it could be a problem with
NNTP.__getReply
This function uses readLine from a BufferedReader. Maybe this
BufferedReader has problems with this encoding, especially the line
terminator.

I hope you can help me fetch these kind of articles, or fix this problem.

Thank you very much!!!

Devask