commons-user mailing list archives

From <robert_g...@agilent.com>
Subject Project idea?
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 19:22:36 GMT
I'm thinking of a projects and I'm curious if anyone knows if this has
been done or if it would be a good fit for this forum.

I have customers that often have hundreds of unmanned PCs living outside
their firewall. It would be very helpful to have a push distribution
mechanism for distributing new jars and configuration files. Current
mechanisms appear to be pull based and are not suitable for an unmanned
environment. While a scheduling mechanism would be nice, an on-demand
system would be required for my needs. I'd certainly see this as using
certificated SSL on both sides as well.
It's hard to imagine that someone hasn't done this already but I've not
come up with anything in my searches.

-Robert