commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <>
Subject Re: [JXPATH] Prefix on jxpath sentence when read DOM
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:28:39 GMT
I have been getting a bunch of requests for a change in this area.  The problem is that I
currently don't know what change to make without breaking the conformance to the XPath specification.
Please advise,
- Dmitri

ijorge <> wrote:
Iīm a question about the behavior of jxpath when read DOM with a
sentence without prefix. If I have this sentence:

This sentence donīt works because "example2" doesnīt have a prefix. My
jxpath code is generated automatically and I donīt know the prefix when
this code is generated.

I see these solutions:
1) not to change anything because prefix are necessary.
2) jxpath searches a empty prefix in the registered namespaces.
3) jxpath searches the default namespace in the ancestors.
4) 3) and 2).

I have changed the class
java/org/apache/commons/jxpath/ri/axes/, the
method getNodeIterator() and this change (solution 2) resolve my
problem. I comment on this situation because I think current behavior
should be changed.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: