commons-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject [dbcp] Support for debugging leaking connections?
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:51:42 GMT
Hello,

I have recently been handed a project, which uses connection
poolign and appears to leak connections. Unfortunately a source
code review haven't hinted of any obvious errors.

Is there any way to make dbcp forcefully revoke connections after
some timeout? Is this built in, and if not, what is a good
approach to implementing it?

Basically, my idea is that revoking connections will sooner or
later make the application throw a nullpointer exception during
tests.

Generally, am I approaching the problem in a sensible way, or is
there a better approach?

TIA, regards,
--
Fredrik Jonson