commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: NET FTP
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2005 21:11:24 GMT

>When I give ftpclient.listFiles("*.zip") it gives me the list of .zip files
>in that directory in FTP server. THis works fine. But this is case
>sensitive. For example, if the file has a .ZIP file extension, it does not
>return the file name.

Wildcard expansion and filename interpretation is performed by the server.
It is not guaranteed to work the same on all servers.  For example, *.zip
will usually be case insensitive on a Windows FTP server but not on a
Unix FTP server.  If you  want to filter filenames reliably, you have to
follow Michael's suggestion and filter the entire directory listing
yourself.

daniel