commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [fileUpload] [httpClient] CF file upload to Tomcat - sample code?
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2005 19:23:22 GMT
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:54:55 -0500, Amon, Jennifer
<Jennifer.Amon@moen.com> wrote:
> Yes, how to post from CF to the Tomcat server is the first issue. I
> think we'll have to use httpClient to post. We can't use a form with a
> file field, because you can't dynamically set the file name.

I'm confused by this. If you use HttpClient, you'd be running on the
(ColdFusion?) server, uploading to another (Tomcat) server. If you use
"a form with a file field", you're talking about something that would
be posted by a browser to a (ColdFusion or Tomcat) server. Which are
you trying to do?

> Then, there will be a return of a file from the server as a result of
> what the server does with the xml file. I don't know how to handle that,
> either.

Again, I'm confused. If the file is coming back from a Tomcat server
to a ColdFusion server, then isn't this then a ColdFusion question?

You prefixed your subject line with [FileUpload], but none of what
you're asking appears to be related to FileUpload. Sorry if I'm
completely misunderstanding.

--
Martin Cooper

> Thanks,
>   Jennifer

> Jennifer R. Amon              Phone: 440-962-2471
> Lead Technical Consultant       FAX: 440-962-2663
> Moen Incorporated             Email: jamon@moen.com
> 25300 Al Moen Drive        Personal: jenamon@comcast.net
> North Olmsted, OH  44070   Web Site: http://home.comcast.net/~jenamon/

addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.