commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [VFS] test cases using embeded server - was Moving out the sandbox ?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:43:38 GMT
Quoting Mario Ivankovits <mario@ops.co.at>:

> Mario Ivankovits wrote:
>
> > I am aware about this limitation.
> > But does this really mean I cant use the sshd daemon to embed into VFS
> > tests? I mean VFS still isnt based on sshtools just uses their daemon
> > for its tests.
>
> What if I "outsource" the startup-code for the sshd daemon to an
> external library and use reflection to see if I can startup the daemon?
> This library could be hosted on sourceforge or on my own site.
> The question is about the license of this library - It cant be LGPL ;-)
> i know, but can it be the Apache license. Or is there any other "glue"
> license I could use.

Is there an Official Apache explanation for treating the LGPL like the
boogeyman?  URL?  This is all just silly!!!  I can understand not using GPL
libraries, but LGPL does not impose any requirements on code using it (for
Java, at least).  Don't believe me?  As the FSF yourself.  We had a long
discussion with them before choosing the LGPL for the BarracudaMVC project on
ObjectWeb.

Jake