commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [collections] Transition to Generics
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 20:56:42 GMT
On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 20:46 -0800, Mark Fairchild wrote:
> I'm curious if there are any plans as to when and how
> commons-collections will begin to leverage features from Java 1.5, such
> as generics and typesafe enums.  Is this underway in an experimental
> branch?  Are volunteers needed to work on such thing?  And if not, is
> there a timeframe for when the transition will start?

This has been discussed here before. The current state appears to be
that a few people are interested in working on this, but none of them
are commons committers. And that makes it difficult to work on this
within the commons project.

It has been suggested that those people interested could work initially
on sourceforge.

See the mail archives for more info...

Regards,

Simon