commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Error while using digester
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:25:00 GMT
On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 11:48 -0500, Sreenivasa Chadalavada wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I am trying to load the attached xml using digester.
>
> I am using Weblogic 8.1 and JDK 1.4.2. I am getting thsi error:
>
> Failed to import abc.xml - Document is invalid: no grammar
> found.;Document root element "NEDSSImport", must match DOCTYPE root
> "null".
>
> Can you please let me know how to get this issue resolved. ?
>
> Thanks So much for the help!
>
> The following is the XML file I am using:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <NEDSSImport xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="/Nedss/Properties/CDF_Subform_Import.xsd">

This message is coming from the xerces xml parser, and is nothing to do
with Digester.

What it appears to be complaining about is that you don't have a
  <!DOCTYPE NEDSSImport ... >
declaration in the input document. However from the schema specs
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/) it doesn't look like a DOCTYPE
should be mandatory.

If you can't resolve this from the w3c and xerces specs, I suggest you
follow this up on the xerces user list.

Regards,

Simon