commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Can digester give me comments from the XML?
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:49:52 GMT
digester doesn't support this but it shouldn't be too hard to extend
digester a little and solve your problem.

use a parser which supports SAX optional extensions and create a
digester subclass that implements LexicalHandler. accumulate the
comments which occur in a string buffer and store on a named stack (in
the same way that body text is handled). lastly, create a custom rule
that examines and processes the named stack when end is called.

- robert