commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [digester] Portion of configuration handled by a different pr ocessor.
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:48:32 GMT
On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 10:12 -0800, Gogineni, Pratima wrote:
> I think a custom rule class similar to the nodecreaterule will work in my
> scenario. The plugin still seems to assume that digester would be handling
> the rules for the plugin classes (even though we get the flexibility of
> adding these rules dynamically).

Yes, using digester plugins means using digester rules to process the
associated xml input.

If your goal is to integrate code that *already implements* its own
initialisation code by parsing an input xml stream, then I expect
creating a custom rule to pass the xml to that object is the way to go.

Of course well-designed code really should separate configuration code
from the business-logic code. And the digester plugins package does that
quite cleanly. So if the plugin classes you are trying to integrate
don't yet have any configuration/initialisation code, I would recommend
a good look at plugins.

Regards,

Simon