commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Digester Quesion
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 00:17:30 GMT
On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 18:56 -0500, Luke Shannon wrote:
> Thanks for your response Simon.
>
> The program is already mostly working with dummy data. In my previous post I
> mentioned I needed three things. All three come from the xml, one I am
> already getting (using digester). The other 2 I have been hard coding.
> Requirements have changed and now I need the actual data.

In that case, I recommend updating your program to handle the new items
but initialise that data the same way you currently initialise your
dummy data (ie not using digester). Once you have figured out how you
will store your data (which I expect will involve new members on an Item
class) and got the rest of the app working with that, then I am sure we
can help you to get Digester to populate those items from the xml.

Good luck,

Simon