commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Digester Quesion
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:16:07 GMT
On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 15:27 -0500, Luke Shannon wrote:
> Hi Wendy;
>
> I need a little more advice. It seems I now need more than the item tag.
>
> Here is a full xml sample:

Hi Luke,

I think you need to sort out your data representation first, before even
thinking about Digester. Your description below of how you want to store
this data in memory doesn't make a whole lot of sense; writing code that
*uses* this data will probably make this much clearer to you.

So I suggest writing the rest of your program first, using code to
initialise dummy data. Once you've got that working, then look again at
how you can use Digester to read XML into the classes you've developed.

Regards,

Simon