commons-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <>
Subject Re: [httpclient] How to send and recieve Serialized Object usingHttpClient
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:56:39 GMT
From: "Sanjeev Tripathi" <>
> Actually request parameter that I set in HttpCleint I can use in servlet
> But
> There is no way (or at least I don't know) to retrieve request
> attribute/parameter in http client those set in servlet. This is very
> simple in jsp but in http client I need to write object to
> outputstream{ObjectOutputStream oos = new
> ObjectOutputStream(response.getOutputStream())}
> To work this I need to set content type as follows
> response.setContentType("application/octet-stream");

Can you list the steps you're taking, and post the code that is not working?

I _think_ you're stuck on sending a base 64 encoded serialized object back
to the client, but I'm not certain.  If that's the case, please show the
server-side code you're using to send the response, and then what you've
done on the client.

Wendy Smoak

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: