commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <>
Subject Re: [DBCP] Configure multiple database servers in one pool
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:32:15 GMT
The BasicDataSource implementation included in DBCP does not support
this (after all, it's a "basic" implementation :-).  However, you
could create an extended version of this class which accepted the
configuration properties for a second database, and did the failover
trick you are describing.  IMHO, this would be a useful contribution
back to DBCP too.