commons-user mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Maujean" <nmauj...@hotmail.com>
Subject [fileupload] : Some information about the upload of a file
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 20:25:17 GMT
hi,

   I have used the commons file upload tools, it appears that you can't download more than
2,1GB that is to say 2^31-1
bytes is the size of an int. it is limited to the size of an int,

   you can bypass it, just put in comment the code looking for the size of the file but in
that case you have to be sure that
the web container that you will use will manage the size of a long so you will be limited
to 2^63-1.

   I am using tomcat, if I try to pass in the http header a size greater than 2,1GB, the application
will end with a Stream ended
unexpectedly, it will not work well, the upload of the file can stop at the beginning as it
can stop at the middle of the upload.

Nicolas Maujean