commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [transaction] cluster
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:51:26 GMT
Hi Brant,

1) This is currently not supported, but there was an approach to
achieve this with java.nio.channels.FileChannel#lock from JDK 1.4. It
was, however, abandoned as commons tx should remain compatible to
JDK1.2. On the other hand such an extension would be pretty simple and
could be optional for JDK1.4. It could be part of a 1.1 releases.

2) Should be doable, especially with the helper classes in
org.apache.commons.transaction.util.xa. A connection would likely be a
dummy that simply returns an XAResource for the distributed
transaction. Of couse no *real* two phase commit is supported by the
FileResourceManager. I have implemented a JCA connector before and it
is pretty simple conceptually, but confusing to implement. If you need
support for all kinds of application servers it really is a pain in
the *ss. I ended up supporting JBoss only...

In short: What you want is not there, yet, but should be doable with
reasonable effort. I am a bit short of time, so every contribution is
highly welcome.

Oliver