commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <>
Subject Re: betwixt abstract collection
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:13:32 GMT
On 19 Jan 2005, at 12:47, Middleton Jorge wrote:

> No, betwixt can not find the adder. Look at this log:
> WARN  BeanReader.create: Could not create instance of type:
> java.util.List
> WARN  BeanReader.create: Could not create instance of type:
> java.util.List
> Sequence@288051[activities=[],context=
> <mailto:
> Sequence@288051[activities=[],context=<null>,id=<null>,comment=<null
>> ,processElementFactory=<null>

the first step should be either to create a custom plural stemmer
implementation (if you're mapping directly) or an explicit adder to the
betwixt file (if you're using that).

> Also we tried with an implementations of ChainedBeanCreator but we can
> resolve the problem.
> It is posible to betwixt to manage mixed collection?? Can you give me
> an
> example?

(as i explained a little earlier) support for mixed is incomplete. at
the very least, you need to upgrade to CVS HEAD and then take a look at this
document should indicate more or less where betwixt is up to at the

better suppose for mixed collections is definitely something that's
been wanted for a while now and your use case seems a particularly
interesting (and a little challenging) one. if you'd be willing to
create some good unit tests for the mapping which you'd be willing to
donate to the ASF, i'd be willing to take a look about adding code to
betwixt which would make the mapping work. if this sounds like a good
deal, please add a bug report to bugzilla (attaching the unit tests)
and then follow up on this list.

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: