commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] How can I dynamically suppress properties of classes?
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:02:34 GMT
(apologies for the less than speedy reply)

On 11 Jan 2005, at 10:37, Christian Aust wrote:

> Hi,
>
> bean->XML conversion works nicely now. So does hiding of properties in
> .betwixt files, but for certain conversions I need to be able to
> programatically hide individual properties of single classes (not
> instances).
>
> I've tried my luck using custom type binding strategies, however this
> does not work since the method of TypeBindingStrategy
>
> public BindingType bindingType(Class type)
>
> is given just a Class information of one single parameter to decide
> whether it should be an element or an attribute. Additionally,
> conversions seems to stop if bindingType returns a null value. The
> documentation notes a class PropertySuppressionStrategy which seems to
> be the right one for this task, but it's only beta from CVS. What
> sould I do? Best regards,

the code in CVS HEAD would have already been release by now were it not
for the upcoming move to SVN. it contains a number of important bug
fixes as well as some nice new features (including the one you need).
use that.

(one of the good things about unit testing is that it's a lot easier to
say this with confidence)

- robert