commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver.He...@t-online.de (Oliver Heger)
Subject Re: [Configuration] - List of Size 1
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:39:04 GMT
Yes, it's true that empty elements don't appear in the list.

I am not sure if I fully understand your problem. Am I right that your
XML file looks something like

<element attr="xxx"/>
<element attr="yyy">
  Some content
</element>
<element attr="zzz"/>

i.e. the attribute is always defined, but the content may or may not?

If this is the case you could count the elements using the getMaxIndex()
method of HierarchicalConfiguration specifying the attribute key. This
should look roughly like that:

int count = config.getMaxIndex("element[@attr]");
for(int i = 0; i <= count; i++) {
  String elemContent = config.getString("element(" + i + ")");
  if(elemContent != null) { ... }
}

I did not test that, but the principle should work.

HTH
Oliver