commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [VFS] Roadmap or status?
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:12:23 GMT
Ahmed Mohombe wrote:
> Is there a roadmap for Commmons-vfs? I couldn't find any on the
> Jakarta site.
No roadmap, just a todo-list (with more or less important things)
> Does anyone knows what's the status of the project? (it was a long
> time in the "Sandbox" :) ).
The status is: It is stable. I use it in our project as java.io.File
replacement and have had no difficult problems for now.
Currently thre is only slow development (and then in "bursts" ;-).

Currently there is a discussion about locking/transaction. And maybe the
ANT tasks need some rework too (e.g. file-system configuration).

---
Mario