commons-user mailing list archives

From Marty Haught <ma...@razorstream.com>
Subject [commons-mail] HtmlEmail - Unicode text in subject line
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:07:16 GMT
Hello,

I'm trouble shooting a bug that involves the sending of non-english
characters (àçèù) in an email.  Specifically, these characters get
translated to non-sense (=?ANSI_X3.4-1968?B?Pz8/Pw==?=) on the subject
line of the email while the email body, which is sent as html content,
is fine.   What is odd is that if the same mail server that sent the
email views it, it appears  fine.  When I see the email through a
different client (same machine) it appears with the ansi string.

I am using the org.apache.commons.mail.HtmlEmail object and the email
server is one called CommunigatePro.  What can I do about this?  Do I
need to set a different character set on the HtmlEmail object?  Or do
you believe this is improper mail server settings?

Thanks and I apologize if I'm going about posting this the wrong way.

Cheers,
Marty