commons-user mailing list archives

From Kishore Senji <>
Subject Re: [Validator] Multiple <field> entries for same field loses all but one
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:00:26 GMT
> There may be a way of working around this. The first thing that pops into my mind is adding
another new test that takes property names for two dates to form a range and tests the property
against the range. The second thing is to give the 'baseProperty' two different names for
the not-before and not-after tests so that both tests could happen in a single <field>
section. (You know, with the commas.)
> Does anyone see a better solution for me?

Field's getKey() checks if the key is null, and if so, it retuns the
propety value.

Looking at the setKey on the Field I thought I can declare a
key="someKey" attribute on the field so that the key attribute value
will be used instead of property value.
Unfortunately, the dtd for the field doesn't have a key attribute and
so, even if one declares it on the field as an attribute it doesn't
get copied.

I guess your first work around is probably better than the second one

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message