commons-user mailing list archives

From "Marc Esher \(4-2060\)" <mes...@argusgroupinc.com>
Subject [dbutils] Inserting Null values with QueryRunner.update()
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:57:21 GMT
Greetings.

I'm running a query that inserts a null value into a SQL Server 2000
field that accepts null values. Here's the error I get:

java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for JDBC]The
specified SQL type is not supported by this driver. Query: UPDATE
Requests SET SystemID=?, ProcessTypeID=?, RushRequest=?,
RequestPowerRating=?, StatusID=?, LastQueuedTS=?, ServerGroupID=? WHERE
RequestID=? Parameters: [1, 1, 0, 30, 4, null, 3, 1]

      at
org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.rethrow(QueryRunner.java:330)

      at
org.apache.commons.dbutils.QueryRunner.update(QueryRunner.java:399)

I don't know if this is a problem with dbutils itself, with how I'm
using dbutils, or with sql server 2000.

Any advice?

Thanks.