commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Erickson" <>
Subject RE: Transaction - FileResourceManager
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 22:35:34 GMT
Excellent thanks for the information Oliver.  Are there any implementations
of this using both the FRM and locking on the files online?  Specifically
I'd like to attempt to use it with AOP in Spring wrapped around some of my
methods that use file accesses.

> On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 14:10:45 -0700, David Erickson <>
> wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply Oliver.  I was also wondering is it possible to
> create
> > directories with this package?  IE using my below example if I needed to
> > create /4 for a total of /storage/content/4 (4 being a directory)?
> It's similar to CVS. You can not explicitely create directories, this
> is a limiation of the current implementation :(
> They will be created (and deleted) along with the resource to be
> created (or deleted). E.g. if you create resource
> /storage/content/4/file.txt, all the directories will be created for
> you. If you delete the resource and the directories are empty
> otherwise they will be deleted as well.
> Oliver

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: