commons-user mailing list archives

From Randy Phillips <randy_phillips...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Re: [CONFIGURATION] questions
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2005 20:18:28 GMT
Sure...

The text of page (or set of pages) is supported via a
properties file. Each language supported is
represented  via it's own properties file.
As an example...
I have two pages named page1 and page2. I support 3
languages, Canadian English, Canadian French and
Spanish.

I support these pages and their respective languages
using three properites files:

page1_en_CA.properties,
page1_fr_CA.properties and
page1_es_ES.properties as well as
page2_en_CA.properties,
page2_fr_CA.properties and
page2_es_ES.properties.

Within these files the "Welcome" title would look like
this:

In page1_en_CA.properties
welcome.title=Welcome to the Application!

In page1_fr_CA.properties
welcome.title=Bienvenue ŕ l'application!

In page1_es_ES.properties
welcome.title=Recepción al uso!

So based on the users selected Locale (i.e. English,
French or Spanish) the appropriate properties file is
referenced and the value of "welcome.title" is
displayed in the appropriate language.

Although I haven't delved deeply into the issue, at
this point the only  alternative I see is to create
multiple Configuration objects, each on representing a
particular Locale.

However, I'm not convinced this is the best solution.

Again, I appreciate any insight you can provide to my
dilema.

Sincerely,
Randy Phillips.