commons-user mailing list archives

From Martin Cooper <mfncoo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileUpload problem !!
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2005 06:27:35 GMT
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:12:36 +0800, Eric Chow <eric138@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I used Struts' file upload example to upload file (multipart), it
> works file with (UTF-8 description).
>
> I am now going to use  commons-fileupload. But it failed to include a
> UTF-8 description, after I uploaded the file and want to display the
> description, it just display some unreadable character, cannot display
> my input characters.
>
> Any sugegst and idea on it ?

Struts uses Commons FileUpload under the covers. So if you can do what
you want with Struts file upload, you can do it with Commons
FileUpload. ;-)

Assuming the description you are talking about is a regular text input
field (or a textarea), make sure you are using the variant of
FileItem.getString() that takes the encoding as a parameter, rather
than the one with no parameters.

--
Martin Cooper