commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] troubleshooting
Date Wed, 19 Jan 2005 06:23:34 GMT
On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 21:12 +0000, nick.minutello@uk.bnpparibas.com
wrote:

> Is there a -D parameter I can define to get commons logging to spit out
> diagnostic information ala log4j's -Dlog4j.debug?
>
> I am having some pain with a webapp using commons logging on Tomcat 5.
> Trying to work out which commons logging it is using - and why some logging
> is going to log4j and some to jdk1.4 logging...

Sorry, no such option exists.

If commons-logging has serious problems on startup, it can throw
exceptions. But in general, it is considered so simple that diagnostics
are not needed.

Note that you can explicitly specify what logging library to use by
using system properties or properties files, rather than relying on
commons-logging's auto-detection. See the commons-logging documentation
for details.

Regards,

Simon