commons-user mailing list archives

From Eric Renouf <eren...@skaion.com>
Subject Re: daemon issue
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2005 14:21:35 GMT
Hi Wade,

Yes it is able to create the ServerSocket in a Thread spawned from the start()
method.  That socket is able to listen to incoming connections and spawn a new
thread to handle each incoming connection.  I added a test inside that thread
that handles the connections to create a socket to a remote host on port 80 and
that succeeds.  The handler thread then processes the input and one possible
action for it is to start a new thread that will use HttpClient to "surf" the
web.  The surfing thread seems unable to create sockets though.  The HttpClient
raises a java.net.ConnectException, as does just trying to create a new socket
on port 80 similar to the one that succeeded previously in the handler thread.

Oh yeah, in case it makes a difference to anyone here's some of the stuff I'm
using to run it:

JDK 1.5.0
RedHat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.20
commons-daemon-1.0