commons-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <j...@wendysmoak.com>
Subject Re: [digester] help with digester rules
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 19:10:16 GMT
Since set-nested-properties-rule doesn't seem to exist (??) for the xml
rules, I need to set each nested property individually.  It works if I do:

<call-method-rule pattern="preferredName" methodname="setPreferredName"
paramcount="0" />

But shouldn't this work as well?

<bean-property-setter-rule pattern="preferredName"
propertyname="preferredName"/>

Am I using it incorrectly?

Example xml is the same:
<person key="012456">
  <preferredName>Ms. Janice D. Jones</preferredName>
</person>

And the working rules:
<digester-rules>
   <pattern value="person">
     <object-create-rule classname="edu.asu.vpia.dto.BenWebUserImpl" />
      <call-method-rule pattern="preferredName"
                           methodname="setPreferredName" paramcount="0" />
   </pattern>
</digester-rules>

--
Wendy Smoak