commons-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <j...@wendysmoak.com>
Subject Re: [digester] help with digester rules
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 18:49:25 GMT
From: "Hubert Rabago" <hrabago@gmail.com>
> Take a look at the setNestedProperties rule.  I believe this sets
> properties from nested elements, like your preferredName.

Thank you. SetNestedPropertiesRule looks *very* useful, unfortunately, I
can't find any documentation on how to write the rules xml file to make it
happen.  I'm working from a couple of articles with examples that Google
turned up, but neither of them uses it.

On the off chance that since <set-properties-rule/> works, I tried
<set-nested-properties-rule/>, but no such luck.  There is nothing about
nested properties in digester-rules.dtd. :/

Since SetNestedPropertiesRule is new with 1.6, has it just not been added to
the xml rules yet?

Thanks,
Wendy Smoak