commons-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Bergstresser" <ch...@subtlety.com>
Subject RE: [net] Strange System.out behavior
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 15:45:53 GMT
Julius Davies wrote:
> Hi, Chris,
>
> To me that sounds like the sort of thing that might happen if:
>
> - You changed JDK?
> - You changed Operating System?
> - You are using a different console/terminal?

   Nope.  Same JDK, same OS, same console.  As it turns out, it works when I
run as a standalone program -- the bug appears to be in the way Ant handles
System.out, although I would almost swear Ant was handling this fine before.

> So if you do this, you see nothing?

> System.out.print("Uploading file: " + convertSlashes(next) +

   Right.  Ant apparently embargoes all the output to System.out until a
newline is reached, which probably isn't intended behavior, exactly, but
what can you do?

-- Chris

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.