commons-user mailing list archives

From Craig McClanahan <craig...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [modeler] Intro: How do I monitor?
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 01:03:08 GMT
Modeler is really about making it easy for the server side application
you want to embed JMX support in to do so.  As such, you woudn't focus
on monitoring the Registery itself, but you would monitor the JMX
server that is created ... using the usual techniques, such as the
remote HTML monitor thing.

If you want to instrument a webapp with JMX support, you might want to
glance at how Tomcat integrates it.  I'm afraid my knowledge of the
details there is a couple of years out of date, but they use Modeler
to configure the MBeans that are registered in the MBean server, which
is then made accessible (just like any other MBeans server) to JMX
clients.

Craig