commons-user mailing list archives

From Dakota Jack <dakota.j...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [fileupload] RMI Marshal problems
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 16:32:17 GMT
I believe there is a recent post about the package breaking the
serialization requirements.

Jack

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:07:19 -0600, Kumar, Prashant - IT Consultant
<Prashant.Kumar@cnasurety.com> wrote:
> Hey folks:
>
>             I am using the FileUpload package in conjunction with a remote
> session bean. Using the Delegate-Façade pattern, I am passing the parsed
> FileItem between the delegate and the façade. However, I am getting an error
> when doing so. If you notice, the exception is in the
> DeferredFileOutputStream which I am not explicitly using anywhere in my
> code. Any pointers appreciated. Here is the exception:
>
> java.rmi.UnmarshalException: failed to unmarshal cookie; nested exception
> is:
>            java.io.NotSerializableException:
> rg.apache.commons.fileupload.DeferredFileOutputStream
>
> java.io.NotSerializableException:
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.DeferredFileOutputStream
>
>             at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1143)
>
>             at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:361)
>
>             at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputClassFields(ObjectOutputStream.java:1822)
>
>             at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.defaultWriteObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:475)
>
>             at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.outputObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:1209)
>
>             at
> java.io.ObjectOutputStream.writeObject(ObjectOutputStream.java:361)
>
>             at
> weblogic.rmi.internal.CBVOutputStream.writeObject(CBVOutputStream.java:73)
>
>             at
> weblogic.rmi.internal.ServerRequest.copy(ServerRequest.java:210)
>
>             at
> weblogic.rmi.internal.ServerRequest.sendReceive(ServerRequest.java:151)
>
>             at
> weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java
> :262)
>
>             at
> weblogic.rmi.cluster.ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.invoke(ReplicaAwareRemoteRef.java
> :229)
>
>             at
> com.cnasurety.services.dataconvertor.facade.DataConvertorFacadeBean_tb104m_E
> OImpl_WLStub.parseExcel(Unknown Source)
>
>             at
> com.cnasurety.services.dataconvertor.delegates.DataConvertorDelegate.parseEx
> cel(DataConvertorDelegate.java:62)
>
>             at
> com.cnasurety.applications.underwritingtools.handlers.commands.workOnHand.Co
> mmandExcelFileUpload.execute(CommandExcelFileUpload.java:66)
>
>             at
> com.cnasurety.applications.underwritingtools.handlers.CompositeHandler.handl
> eRequest(CompositeHandler.java:63)
>
>             at
> com.cnasurety.applications.underwritingtools.handlers.WorkOnHandHandler.hand
> leRequest(WorkOnHandHandler.java:37)
>
>             at
> com.cnasurety.services.applicationsecurity.controller.AuthenticationDispatch
> [...]
attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally
privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail
and then delete this message and any attachments.  In addition, you are strictly prohibited
from using, disseminating, distributing, copying, or storing this message and any attachments.

--

~Dakota Jack~

~Native Proverb~

"This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this