commons-user mailing list archives

From Vic <...@friendvu.com>
Subject Re: [chain] dispatch via lookup
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 21:30:59 GMT
Craig McClanahan wrote:
> How about this?
>
>     Context context = ...; // Commons Chain context for this command

Just a Map in my case.

>     String catalogName = ...; // Name of catalog containing the command you want
>     String commandName = ...; // Name of command you want (from this catalog)
>     Catalog catalog = CatalogFactory.getInstance().getCatalog(catalogName);

How does above catalog know to read my Xml catlog file, when it does not
know the url to my xml file where the catalog is defined. Is there a
certian place it looks at?

>     Command command = catalog.getCommand(commandName);

Since I do not think it read the catalog of commands from my xml, it
won't get the command. But if the catalog could read it, I see how this
would work.
How to read a catalog from XML?

>     command.execute(context);
>
> Note that it uses a static method, so you don't have to carry around
> references to a catalog in your method signatures

This is what my implementation does, but I'd like to upgrade, there are
some deprecated chain methods now.

Of course ... I had to extend catalog to have a way of
populating/initilzing self from XML.

.V

... just figure out