commons-user mailing list archives

From Vic <>
Subject [chain] dispatch via lookup
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:23:40 GMT

Craig wrote quote in a struts dev thread on chain "

In your standard processing chain, do something like this:

     <command className="org.apache.commons.chain.generic.LookupCommand

What this does, in English, is:
* Look up a command named "bar" in a catalog named "foo".
* If such a command exists, delegate control to it
   (and do all the right stuff about filters if this is a chain)
* If such a command does not exist, silently continue

" end quote.

I do not understand how to do above.  Is that the declaration done in
This assumes that I hard code the name of command I want to go to.
(if I knew command at decleration I would just name it then, not look up).

Is there a built in way of dispatching dynamicaly?

for example: lookUpAndExecute("foo");

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message