commons-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Irfan <irfan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DB Connection TimeOut
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 00:54:38 GMT
I'm using Oracle, I used the classes12.jar (thin driver) method. I
thought so too, from what I know is when I called ex:
dataSource.getConnection(), it wait for some time. If I run it on Win
XP, it waits for 20 s. But if I'm using Linux it waits for 190 s. I
don't know how to limit this. AFAIK we can set the timeout when we
establish the Socket connection. but I only has coding access (using)
just to commons DBCP layer.

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:49:07 -0500, Botelho, Mauro
<mauro.botelho@turner.com> wrote:
> Irfan,
>
> From what I understand you are trying to connect to a database server that is down. This
database server is down from start, right?

> If that is the case, it might be an issue with TCP/IP time out, nothing really to do
with DBCP. What database are you using? Could the JDBC driver have any special setting to
change that timeout?