commons-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Irfan <irfan...@gmail.com>
Subject DB Connection TimeOut
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2004 06:01:42 GMT
Hello, my name is Irfan. I have a problem about dbcp connection. After
I acquire a data source when I use the getConnection method for a DB
server that down, it stalled for a long time. Especially in Linux
platform. I figured that the connection timeout depends on the system.
It use default system connection timeout.
The Question is, how to set the connection timeout so in every
platform I have the same connection timeout time. I've tried the
setLoginTimeout method for the datasource but it's useless. Infact, it
throws Unsuported Operation exception.
Thank you for the answer.