commons-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Ratcliffe" <a...@mrigitech.com>
Subject [Configuration] Reloadable Configurations
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 21:47:20 GMT
I'm interested in using Commons Configuration for managing customer-specific
configurations for a hosted application I'm developing.

Given that new configurations will need to be introduced and existing
configurations changed without restarting the server I'll need some
mechanism that periodically checks for configuration file changes and
loads/reloads configurations when the configuration source has changed.

I notice that reloadable configurations is a feature scheduled for Version
1.1, has work started on this already? could this be an opportunity to
contribute?

Cheers
Adam Ratcliffe