commons-user mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Maujean" <>
Subject FileUpload : UnknownSizeException on a file of 3Go
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:22:04 GMT

   I am trying to upload a large file of about 3Go when I am doing it I have
an UnknownSizeException. I discovered that it came from the FileUploadBase
class in the method from the method
    public List /* FileItem */ parseRequest(HttpServletRequest req)

from this code :
int requestSize = req.getContentLength();

        if (requestSize == -1)
            throw new UnknownSizeException(
                "the request was rejected because it's size is unknown");

   Is it possible to upload a file of any size ? if yes, why I can't upload
this file of 3Go, why I have an UnknownSizeException ? if no, how I can
bypass it to upload a file of 3Go ?

thank you for your answer,

Nicolas Maujean

To unsubscribe, e-mail: