commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: ClassCastException with betwixt 0.6
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 22:25:23 GMT
hi ryan

On 16 Dec 2004, at 05:19, Ryan Crumley wrote:

> I was quite excited that the problem may have been found however I
> changed the code so that the configuration object is shared between
> the writer and reader and I am still receiving a null object back from
> the reader. The new code is listed below.
>
> The output when running the program is:
>
>    out: <?xml version='1.0'?><PersonBean age="24" name="ryan c"
> id="1"/>
>    null

hmmm...

i've run the same code against CVS HEAD in eclipse and i get:

out: <?xml version='1.0'?><PersonBean age="24" name="ryan c" id="1"/>

[org.apache.commons.betwixt.PersonBean: age=24 name=ryan c]

> I am still at a loss why this simple example is not working. The only
> thing I can think of (unless someone sees a problem with the code I am
> using below) is that my jar versions are not correct. However I used
> the same jars that maven appears to use when running regression (which
> passes). Any ideas on where to go next?

this seems very strange.

i suspect that it's a problem with the classpath: an old jar getting in
or something. if you have CVS HEAD checked out then an easy way to test
this hypothesis is to add your code as a test case into src/test.
provided that it's named TestXXX then maven will automatically find it
and run it (as a unit test). (we generally use test driven development
on betwixt so this is the way that all new code starts and so it's the
way that we're most confident about the configuration).

FYI maven builds into target. running maven should generate a
commons-betwixt-0.6.1-dev.jar in there. that's the actual library code.
the test classes are built into test-classes.

- robert