commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: patch for jelly-tags-interaction
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 08:28:53 GMT
Careful,

Although JLine seems very nice, it is annoying with its license: LGPL.
In Jelly, and in most ASF projects, we have tried to keep license
issues as small as possible and prefer overall BSD-type licenses...

Before committing such a change, I would insist heavily that we clear
up wether it is not possible to adapt things so that a more ASF-like
license is found.

Was the author of JLine contacted about a donation at ASF, e.g. in
commons (I know it's shameless but still, it offers a very nice
visibility!) ? There seems to have been no updates since last year.

paul