commons-user mailing list archives

From Tim Dudgeon <...@informaticsmatters.com>
Subject [jelly] define:jellyBean with nested properties
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:35:15 GMT
I see how to define a jellybean using simple  properties that can be
defined as atributes of the  tag e.g.

<define:taglib uri="myTagLib">
    <define:jellybean name="foo" className="MyTask"/>
  </define:taglib>

  <my:foo x="2" y="cheese"/>

What about if the class that is my jellyBean neeed more complex
properties. Is there a way to set these? The bean tag library provides a
nicve way of specifying these on a plain java bean, but what is the way
to do this for a jellyBean?

Lets assume my jellyBean class, Foo.java  has property bar that was of
type Bar.java which had a name and location property.

<define:taglib uri="myTagLib">
    <define:jellybean name="foo" className="Foo"/>
</define:taglib>

<my:foo>
  <bar name="my name" location="somewhere">
</my:foo>

or even, to take it to another stage:

<my:foo>
  <bar name="my name">
	<location street="High Street" city="London"/>
  </bar>
</my:foo>

Tim