commons-user mailing list archives

From Matt Bathje <...@ntsource.com>
Subject [fileupload] jsp mime type
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:58:08 GMT
Hey all -

I posted this to the struts list a while back, but got no responses and
it is probably more appropriate here.

I am working with the commons file uploader in struts to upload a JSP
file to my website. Being a security conscious developer, I am limiting
the available upload file types to text/plain and text/html hoping that
the JSP file would be sent as one of these types.

Instead, it is sent as application/octet-stream - which is the same type
used for executables and binary type files - seems kind of weird to me.

Does anybody know if there is a way to "force" jsp files to be of a
application/octet-stream? I tried adding the following to my web.xml
file (Tomcat 5.0.x):

<mime-mapping>
<extension>jsp</extension>
<mime-type>text/plain</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

But it didn't seem to make a difference.

Thanks,
Matt