commons-user mailing list archives

From "Frank W. Zammetti" <fzli...@omnytex.com>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Very Basic Question
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2004 21:25:49 GMT

Martin Cooper wrote:
> In general, I find it preferable to avoid using anything outside the
> web app itself. In addition to the nasty versioning issues you
> mention, making the war self-contained makes it easier to simply drop
> it into another container without having to worry about whether the
> necessary dependencies are there or not.

Thanks for that link, I did read it over, very good info!

I absolutely agree with the above and have the same philosophy... Any
webapp I create is completely self-contained, and that includes the
source directory, which I usually put in the root of the app but remove
it when deploying to prod, and in it is any JAR that is required for
compiling but not for execution, like j2ee.jar for servlet classes for
instance.  I find this structure removes all external dependencies and
makes the webapp completely self-reliant.

--
Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect